White River Junction VA Medical Center, Vermont
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
At VAMC White River Junction, we have established a number of procedures to assist you in getting an appointment without a long delay. Our goals are simple:
- you should be able to see your primary care provider within one to two business days
- you should have faster access to speciality care
If you have received a postcard stating that you need to make an appointment, please call the Medical Center at 802-295-9363 or 1-866-687-8387 (outside Vermont).
Changing Your Appointment
For a listing of your current appointments, please call the Medical Center Audio response Line at 802-291-6222.
If you cannot keep an existing appointment, please contact us as soon as you are aware you cannot make your appointment. This will allow us to reschedule you sooner as well as schedule one of your fellow veterans for the original appointment date and time.
Who to Call
To make an appointment with a particular clinic or service, call the listed phone number provided below:
Admissions 802-295-9363 ext 5700
Appointments (to confirm) 291-6222
Audiology ext. 5247
Billing ext. 5038/5746
Desk 60, Mental Health ext. 5760
Desk 80 Cardiology, Sleep, Respirator Therapy, Nephrology, Pulmonary, and Endo ext. 6260
Desk 90 Dermatology, Gastroenterology, and Hemetology/Oncology ext. 6290
Desk 100 Eye Clinic: Optometry & Opthamology 296-5147 or ext. 6364
Eligibility ext. 5118/6281
Fee Basis 296-5141
Fee Basis (Dental) ext. 6092
GMF/WMF Providers ext. 6363
Medical Same Day 296-5191
Orthopedics ext. 5195
Pharmacy (Refill Meds) 291-6222
Pharmacy (Other Calls) ext. 5205
Surgical Same Day 296-5183
Telephone Advice ext. 6363
Urology ext. 5592
Other Important Toll Free Phone Numbers:
White River Junction VA Medical Center 1-866-687-8387
Health Benefits 1-877-222-8387
Education Benefits 1-888-442-4551
Life Insurance 1-800-669-8477
Debt Management 1-800-827-0648
Mammography Hotline 1-888-492-7844
Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD) 1-800-829-4833
Headstones and Markers 1-800-697-6947
Gulf War Helpline 1-800-749-8387
Health Eligibility Center 1-800-929-8387
VA Regional Office
1-800-827-1000 (Inside Vermont) or
802-296-5177 (From Canada or Outside Vermont)
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.