White River Junction VA Medical Center, Vermont
If you qualify for VA health care, you can get high-quality mental health services as part of your benefits. You may also be able to get care for certain mental health problems even if you don't have VA health care.
Primary Mental Health Clinic (PMHC)
To get started receiving mental health services at the White River Junction VA, please contact or visit the Primary Mental Health Clinic.The Primary Mental Health Clinic (PMHC) is our walk-in clinic located in Primary Care. Most treatment can be completed here, but referrals to additional services may be made by our PMHC providers. Click here to view staff bios.
Inpatient Mental Health Unit
Ground East is a voluntary, inpatient psychiatric unit. This short-term unit is designed to assist patients in achieving safety and stabilization. The unit can currently provide services for up to ten patients. Services are provided by a multidisciplinary treatment team to address the individual needs of each patient.
The following services are available on the Inpatient Unit:
• Diagnostic assessment
• Medication evaluation and management
• Recreation Therapy
• Social work services
• Limited 24 hour nursing care
• Collaborative care with other services within the VA
• Collaborative care with outpatient providers
• Establishment and arrangement of follow-up services
• Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
• If acutely necessary: Psychological or Neuropsychological assessment
Specialized Mental Health Services for:
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST)
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anger Management
- Substance Use Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Tele-mental Health
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Anxiety/Panic Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Mental Health Intensive Case Management (MHICM)
- Housing Problems
- Employment Difficulties
Our medical center received the 2005 American Psychiatric Association Gold Achievement Award and the 2007 VA Advance Clinical Access National Champion Award.
The WRJ VA Medical Center has been awarded the Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert W. Carey Organizational Excellence Award for 9 successive years.
"Mental health recovery is a journey of healing and transformation enabling a person with a mental health problem to live a meaningful life in a community of the person's choice while striving to achieve…full potential."
Lakes building, floor 1, reception A
Check in for Desk 60 is 1st Floor, room 132
- 802-295-9363 Ext. 5760
- 866-OUR-VETS Ext. Toll-free
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm