White River Junction VA Medical Center, Vermont
• Patients have priority over seats
• No smoking, eating or drinking is allowed on shuttle vehicles
• Seat belt use is required
• No Beneficiary travel reimbursement for travel on a shuttle
• Patients/staff should schedule appointments with shuttle schedule in mind
• Use of cell phones is discouraged
~St. Johnsbury Area Shuttle
~Burlington Area Shuttle
~Disable American Veterans (DAV) Volunteer Transportation Network
• Please call the DAV Transportation Office a week before your scheduled appointment. You will receive a call the business day before your appointment telling you what time the van will be picking you up. Please be ready at that time. If you are not called by noontime, the day before your appointment, please call us to confirm your ride.
• You must have a scheduled appointment to be authorized to ride the DAV van.
• It is your responsibility to make and cancel your appointments at the VA. The DAV is not responsible for this. If your appointment at the VA has been cancelled it is YOUR responsibility to cancel your transportation with the van as soon as possible. Evenings, weekends, holidays, contact your DAV Coordinator responsible for scheduling in your area (numbers provided once transportation has been scheduled).
• When arriving at VAMC, check in immediately for your appointment. When you are finished with your scheduled appointment, call the DAV Office at ext. 5394 and let them know you are finished. At that time, the Coordinator will be able to give you an idea what time to be in the lobby for departure.
• The DAV is not able to accommodate wheelchair patients or those on oxygen except for shoulder carried oxygen canisters.
• All DAV van drivers are volunteers and cannot accept payment for the services they provide and cannot accept payment or gratuities for the services they provide.
- building 1 room 10
Hours of Operation
- 8:00-4:30 Monday - Friday