The mental health service at White River Junction VAMC provides consultation, evaluation, and treatment for a variety of issues that can impact emotional well-being. Click here to view staff bios.
Primary Mental Health Clinic (PMHC)
Mental health treatment starts in the PMHC, our walk-in clinic located in Primary Care. Most treatment can be completed here, but referrals to additional services may be made by our PMHC providers.
Inpatient Mental Health Unit
Ground East is a voluntary, inpatient psychiatric unit. This short-term unit is designed to assist patients in achieving safety and stabilization. The unit can currently provide services for up to ten patients. Services are provided by a multidisciplinary treatment team to address the individual needs of each patient.
The following services are available on the Inpatient Unit:
• Diagnostic assessment
• Medication evaluation and management
• Recreation Therapy
• Social work services
• Limited 24 hour nursing care
• Collaborative care with other services within the VA
• Collaborative care with outpatient providers
• Establishment and arrangement of follow-up services
• Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
• If acutely necessary: Psychological or Neuropsychological assessment
Specialized Mental Health Services for:
Our medical center received the 2005 American Psychiatric Association Gold Achievement Award and the 2007 VA Advance Clinical Access National Champion Award.
The WRJ VA Medical Center has been awarded the Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert W. Carey Organizational Excellence Award for 9 successive years.